The Talent is to Want It

6:30 AM

talent-is-to-want-it-square-print
In the words of Amy Poehler, "You do it because the doing of it is the thing. The doing is the thing. The talking and worrying and thinking is not the thing." When I first read this I was surprised to realize that I had spent more energy talking and worrying and thinking about what I wanted to do instead of actually doing it.
I can't help but relate this talent quote to hers. In the same way that doing it is the thing, the talent is to want it. Talent isn't necessarily something you're born with, or a certificate you get from school. Sometimes the talent is wanting something so much, that you make it happen. The talent isn't the skill, education or knowledge, the talent is to want it.
I was recently commissioned to make this print for a friend. I used brush pens and watercolor to make the original and then digitized it in Photoshop. Happy with the outcome, I also entered it into a Minted Design Challenge. Check it out here.

You Might Also Like

0 comments