Intro

12:19 AM

photo-1421789857760-8aa3e7a1fbc6
This blog was thought up while stuck at the Vienna airport during a 5 hour layover. Travelettes.net founder, Katja Hentschel, was nice enough to bring me along on a trip to Sölden for research. (And honestly, who says no to a free stay at a swanky hotel, with 5-course dinners and full body massages?) Katja's not only my current employer but has also become a mentor and critical advocate of my work, and she's the one who said: go for it.
I'm in a transitional phase of life - finally, hopefully, finding my way at 29. Some call these stages life crises. I'm gonna call mine opportunity.
With a background in communications, PR and marketing, I only recently discovered my real passion in life, design and illustration. I love it. Loooove it. So much that I decided to leave my day job and focus my energy on learning all I can about design and shifting my career focus. I started a small stationery business, Etepetete Design Co., and while it is very fun and sometimes rewarding, it's also a bit limiting. I love making greeting cards and wedding stationery, but I also love creating more artistic prints and designing for websites. What I really need is the freedom to explore these things.
While I do think that I'm unique in a lot of ways, I'm certain this is not one of them. And because of this, I've decided to use this opportunity of mine to document the journey and share my thoughts, interests, resources, etc along the way.
Thanks for taking an interest. I hope you'll enjoy this blog.

You Might Also Like

0 comments